Additional Fees

Liberty Power rep entered a residential building with NO SOLICITATION signs knocking door to door demanding, not asking, but demanding to see bill. They tried this several times with and I turned them away several times asking them to stop already.

About a week, they knocked on my door again and coerced my elederly mother who has Alzheimer’s and had her sign a 3 year contract. Contract barely has my mother’s signature and an incorrect SSI number. This outraged me!!! Malicious practices by this company!!!

I’m looking into my legal rights and see if I can take legal actions!!!! Companies that prey on the elderly should NOT be able to be in business!!!

Comments

The exact same thing happened to me. Liberty Power must be training their employees to use this deceitful technique to obtain customers.

When you sign your name, you are consenting to a three-year contract with unreasonable termination fees. The customer service representative will not explain any of the company's policies and procedures. A contract from Liberty Power will arrive in your mail with your signature on it. I had absolutely no idea that I had switched my electricity provider or that I had signed a contract with termination fees.

My advice: If any electric company representative knocks on your door ask a lot of questions and don't sign anything without further investigation. Stay away from Liberty Power!!